Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Shanghai, 3rd time in 2 months

Once again I am back in Shanghai on business within only 2 months. In fact for this trip I have managed to secure multiple entry VISA that last me for the year until Feb 2009. I guess once we have relocated to Shanghai, would be able to provide more photos of places that we are gonna be visiting together with my darling and little son.

This trip apart from business, I have taken opportunity to familiarize myself with the surround environment of Pudong. Have also visited couple of office sites that would potentially be our new R&D office in Shanghai. Tiring and short trip of 2 days.

Colleague of mine in Shanghai took me to visit some apartments sites. I find that Shanghai mostly consist of apartments with some facilities and also landscape gardens. We went around the LianYang communities near Century Park. Quite surprised to find that Century Park is not free but requires RMB10 per entry. Of course, one could pay 1 year flat r

ate fees for multiple entries to the park. Will perhaps check out later when we are here proper. This should be lowest priority if we managed to get an apartment with full facilities.

Managed to see Sakura tree as shown above in one of the apartments that my colleague is staying. Yes, it is Sakura time this time of year. Although Sakura is much idolized in Japan, seems like it is not the case here in Shanghai, China. It's treated as just another tree.

I find that Shanghai apartments in the older first phase of Lianyang are with some landscaping and minimal facilities. They are high rise buildings. Lift conditions are tolerable.




Due to the height, the view is great and covers quite a distance of the vicinity.





No comments: